Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Grateful for the Nots, Too

Between pie making and turkey prep, thought I'd pop in and leave a quick note to say:

As I spend a day tomorrow hearing about others' gratitude and talking about and thinking about how grateful I am for all that I have, I will NOT feel guilty for taking a moment to be grateful for all the people who are NOT in my life anymore, all of the bullshit that I will NOT have to deal with during the holiday, all the drama that will NOT be sitting at my table, all of the pain that will NOT cross my threshold.

I hope that you all have a lovely, trauma-free holiday and that you will cherish all the good that you do have as well as the absence of all that bad that you don't.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Vanci

6 comments:

  1. Awesome thing to celebrate. I have a few nots myself that I am very thankful for. Thanks for a great reminder. Turkey is cooking, pies cooling, and I am so excited about a wonderful year. I am not seeing my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours (the ones that count!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, and definitely including for the nots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! The LuLoo household had a lovely day with friends. It's so much less crazy without the NFOO...nobody was competing to out-narc the others, nobody was pouting, sulking, pitching a fit, or declaring a vendetta against anyone else. Just food, fun, friendship. What a relief.

    I hope you all found the same.

    --LuLoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Australia, who does not celebrate thanksgiving, thank you for your nots. I hope you and yours enjoy your holiday together.

    ReplyDelete